Please return the completed license application along with all required information and fees to the Town’s Building Department located in Town Hall.
Town of Carbondale
511 Colorado Ave
Carbondale, CO 81632
The application must be accompanied by:
- Copy of a valid B.E.S.T. Card
- A B.E.S.T. Card is not required if you are a state licensed plumber. A copy of your state license is required.
- ICC Contractor Certification is a qualifying contractor's examination.
- Some specialty licenses may be exempt from B.E.S.T. Card requirements.
- Certificate of Contractor’s Liability Insurance
- Certificate of Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- If the Contractor has no employees, a Waiver of Worker’s Compensation Insurance must be signed.
- The appropriate fee for the class of license the applicant wishes to obtain
The license is valid for one year from the date of issuance. The Contractor is required to notify the Building Department of any change of mailing address or telephone number.
B.E.S.T. Card Testing
During these challenging times dealing with Covid19, the Town is not proctoring BEST Test during the pandemic. We cannot predict when testing will continue, but will make every effort when it is possible. The Town will accept an expired BEST Card with the agreement the test will be taken as soon as an opportunity presents itself. We are very sorry for any inconveniences.