Building Staff Contact List
BUILDING INSPECTIONS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE MONDAYS, WEDNESDAYS & FRIDAYS BY CALLING THE INSPECTION LINE 510-1210 BY 5:00 P.M. THE BUSINESS DAY PRIOR TO THE REQUESTED INSPECTION
Please note that ALL development with the exception of a single-family residence is required to go through site plan review. Some PUDs may be exempt.
Please return the completed application(s), along with ALL required information to the Town’s Building Department located at Town Hall, 511 Colorado Avenue, Carbondale, CO 81623.
All valuations over $120,000 require pre-payment towards the plan review at the time of submittal in the amount of $650.00.Call before you dig for locates: colorado811.org
GREEN ENERGY CODE REQUIREMENTS
- Homes and Business in Carbondale can sign up for a FREE Energy Consultation to find out how they can reduce their carbon emissions: http://garfieldcleanenergy.org/
BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATIONS & SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
- New Single-Family and Duplex
- Residential Addition – After Planning Approval
- 2 Complete Sets of Plans (Architectural Drawings with stamped structurals, site plan, & solar access plan)
- If over 500 square feet -> REBP Checklist
- Residential Remodel
- 2 Complete Sets of Plans (with stamped structurals – typically requires a design professional)
- New Commercial
- 2 Complete Sets of Plans (Civil, Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, & Plumbing Drawings all sheets must be stamped) AND Digital Copy/Memory Stick
- Commercial Remodel
- 2 Complete Sets of Plans (all sheets to be stamped) AND asbestos test report of areas to be demoed.
- Restaurant – New and/or remodeling existing restaurant
- Retail Food Establishments - If you are looking to construct a restaurant facility, open a restaurant, or take over an existing restaurant, please contact Garfield County Public Health.
- 3 Complete Sets of Plans (all sheets to be stamped)
- Wood Stoves/Pellet Stoves
- All stoves require a mechanical permit.
- Site Plan (2 copies highlighted with fence location and labeled heights)
- Any work to a driveway is required to be approved by Public Works
- All roof work requires a building permit.
- Window Replacement
- If framing is needed, two sets of plans are required.
- Shed Over 120 sq. ft.
- Site Plan (highlight location of proposed shed – two copies)
- Structural Drawings
- Site Plan (highlight location of proposed pergola – two copies)
- 2 sets of drawings with framing details
- Site Plan (highlight location of proposed deck – two copies)
- Mechanical Permit
- Plumbing Permit
- Demolition Permit
- Vendor Permit
- Peddlers/Food Wagons selling Food that is Not Pre-Packaged contact: Garfield County Public Health 970.665.6375 www.garfield-county.com/environmental-health
- Solar Permit
- Wildfire Mitigation Permit
- Electrical Permits
- Manufactured Homes
- Tiny Homes
WHAT TYPES OF PROJECTS DO NOT REQUIRE A PERMIT?
There are various types of projects you may want to do. Most of these projects do require a permit, but there are several that do not.
- Building Projects Exempt from Permitting
- Carbondale Garden Quickstart Guide
- Mechanical/Plumbing Projects Exempt from Permitting
- Electrical Projects Exempt from Permitting
- ALL electrical permits must be obtained from the State of Colorado.
- HOW DO I FILE A CODE COMPLAINT?
- CONTRACTOR LICENSING & B.E.S.T. TESTING
- BUILDING PERMITS ISSUED