Carbondale's Communications Mission: Informing the public with transparency and accuracy; while, encouraging citizen civic engagement, and promoting an open participatory form of government.
Communication is a two-way road, between the organization and its target audience(s) including internal/external stakeholders. While each department within the Town's operations has vastly different communications needs, the following types of communications occur to some degree in each workgroup.
Internal Communication: Internal communication may include policy updates, weekly staff meetings, Trustee work plans, staff development and/or training, weekly inter-departmental progress reports, or communication about employee benefits.
External Communication: External communication, such as communications with the media, radio and newspaper campaigns, social media, and the Towns webpage, may include public information regarding public policy, disaster preparedness and crisis communications, Trustee actions, awareness, and public outreach campaigns. Some media sources the Town communicates with include.
Video Communication – TV10: TV10 is the Garfield County public television station. Carbondale broadcasts regular Trustee meetings LIVE on TV10, and posts information about advisory board meeting times and locations. Trustee meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at Town Hall, 511 Colorado Ave., Carbondale, at 6:00 pm. Videos of the most current meeting will be available shortly after the meeting at this link.
Social Media: The Town's official social media outlets.
- Town of Carbondale Facebook
- Police Department Facebook
- Public Arts Commission Facebook
- Recreation Department Facebook
- North Face Bike Park Facebook
- Demeter's Garden Facebook
- North Face Skate Park Facebook
- Our Town One Table Facebook
Websites: Website content informs the public about Town departmental services, policy creation and changes, Trustee meetings, strategic plans, connects citizens and visitors with local resources, and informs the public about opportunities for civic engagement. The Town currently has the following websites:
- carbondalekaleidoscope.org/ - official communication specific website for the Town of Carbondale
- www.CarbondaleGov.org – official website of the Town of Carbondale
- www.CarbondaleRec.com – official website of the Carbondale Parks & Recreation Department
Communications Planning Toolkit for Advisory Boards & Commissions