Carbondale's Communications Mission: Town communications are geared toward informing the public with transparency and accuracy; while, encouraging citizen civic engagement, and promoting an open participatory form of government.
Communication is a two-way road, between the organization and its target audience(s) including both internal/external stakeholders. While each department within the Town’s operations has vastly different communications needs, the following types of communications occur to some degree in each work group.
Internal Communication: Internal communication may include policy updates, weekly staff meetings, Trustee work plans, staff development and/or trainings, weekly inter-departmental progress reports, or communication about employee benefits.
External Communication: External communication, such as communications with the media, radio and newspaper campaign’s, social media, and on the internet, may include public information regarding public policy, disaster preparedness and crisis communications, Trustee actions, awareness and public outreach campaigns. Some media sources the Town communicates with include.
Video Communication – TV10: TV10 is the Garfield County public television station. Carbondale broadcasts regular Trustee meetings LIVE on TV10, and posts information about advisory board meeting times and locations. Trustee meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at Town Hall, 511 Colorado Ave., Carbondale, at 6:00 pm. New video of the current meeting will be available shortly after the meeting at this link.
- Carbondale Board of Trustee Meetings via YouTube
- Board of Trustees Meetings from January 13, 2016 thru August 23, 2016 (Grassroots TV)
- Board of Trustee Meetings from 1-14-14 thru 10-13-15
Social Media: The Town currently has the following official social media outlets.
- Public Works Facebook
- Police Department Facebook
- Police Department Twitter
- Public Arts Commission Facebook
- Recreation Department Facebook
- North Face Bike Park Facebook
- Demeter's Garden Facebook
- North Face Skate Park Facebook
- Our Town One Table Facebook
Web Content: Website content informs the public about operations of Town departmental services, policy creation and changes, Trustee meetings, strategic plans, connects citizens and visitors with local resources, and informs the public about opportunities for civic engagement. The Town currently has the following websites:
- www.CarbondaleGov.org – official website of the Town of Carbondale
- www.CarbondaleRec.com – official website of the Carbondale Parks & Recreation Department
Communications Planning Toolkit for Advisory Boards & Commissions