Visit "The Town of Carbondale, CO Public Art Commission"
on Facebook for current updates
Town of Carbondale Public Art Commission 2018 - 2022 Art Around Town and Permanent Collection Story Map
(Click the drop down menu on the left for 2016-2022 Art Around Town photos)
2022 Art Around Town marketing card and map
The Town of Carbondale Public Art Commission Mission:
- The Carbondale Public Art Commission will evaluate sites within the Town of Carbondale appropriate for public art.
- To promote local artist's work.
- To recommend to the Board of Trustees the purchase or other acquisition of works of art that are suitable for public display.
- To pursue all means of funding to purchase, promote and commission works of art.
- To work in cooperation with other public agencies and private individuals to promote art awareness.
Susan Johnson, Member
Brian Colley, Member
Beth White, Member
Ann Harris, Member
Suzanne Frazier, Member
Kris Elice, Member
David Thickman, Member
Michael Stout, Member
The Town of Carbondale passed a resolution, (2005-14), creating a "One Percent for the Arts" program. The intent was to enhance the aesthetic environment of its public spaces, buildings, and property by integrating high quality urban design and art into its capital improvements projects, and 2) to create a more visually pleasing environment and expand the opportunities for residents and visitors to experience quality works of art by facilitating the acquisition, display, and development of such works of art in public places.
The ordinance authorizes the allocation of funds for art in the construction of certain Town capital improvements projects, establishes a method of calculating art appropriations for Town capital projects, provides for an art selection process, and establishes a separate "1% for the Arts Fund".
"Bone Broken", Chet Haring on 3rd St.
Sullivan & Sullivan Public Art
on 3rd St.
"Pencil", John Bozza, at the Carbondale Library, $500
- Permanent Sculpture Collection Photos Map
- Roaring Fork Weekly Journal, Carbondale sets the standard for public art consciousness, February 2019