- Scrape food scraps into the trash or compost bin
- Use a strainer in the sink to catch food scraps and other material and empty the strainer into the trash or compost bin.
- Pour grease into a container, let it harden and throw it in the trash.
- Stop using your garbage disposal or minimize its use.
- Wipe pots, pans, and dishes with dry paper towels before rinsing or washing them, then throw paper towels in the garbage.
- Rinse dishes and pans with cold water before putting them in the dishwasher.
- Don’t pour grease down sink drains or toilets!
- Don’t use cloth towels or rags to scrape oil or grease off plates and utensils because grease will drain to the sewer when you wash the towels.
- Don’t run water over dishes, pans, fryers, or griddles to wash oil and grease down the drain!
For more information please contact:
Collection System Technician & Pretreatment Program Inspector
Phone: (970) 379-9290
Fats, Oils and Grease is a problem that affects your pipes and ours!